Some of our favorites Playlist!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love and Above



Fight From Above is showing off some of the great fun of the streets of LA downtown, east sideish near the LA Times building. Although going to the worst school in LA, they seem to be able to bring out some of the fun while drinking and rocking, something I think we all identify with.

Next funness up is a little awesome band called Neon Trees. There hit song "Animal" has definitely got a strong hook in my head that i love to sing.

Neon Trees - Animal by musiqforthenostalgiq


Neon Trees might be the best group to come out of Provo since BYU! But getting its roots in California makes this post Western-tastic. They got there start with The Killers which kind of helps me place them between The Strokes and something a little post-emo (the happy kind) like maybe taking back sunday? I don't know about that one... help me help you tell me what they sound like : )

I have been a fan of this mashup for quite sometime now, and I need to share it. A similar mix of every step was played at a wedding I attended last week, and it made me want to learn even more how to mix and match great songs together! As inspiration, I will post this to let the record officially show that one day I will make a mix that will be a delectable combination as experienced in this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment