Some of our favorites Playlist!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

songs that might sound like other songs

great fun new song by the strokes reminds me of a song I used to listen to as a kid! (internetz ftw!)

Here is the strokes song first... who just released this album after a second round of recording to make sounds more inspired by bands like MGMT, Crystal Casteles, Arctic Monkeys by experimenting with different production techniques.



Here is one of ottmar lieberts best known instrumentals... (one of my nostagically inclined favorite songs of all time)


I know the above two songs are only vaguely similar... but girl talk got me confused with which song he sampled from! You decide: smashing pumpkins vs. layla... rod steward vs. shakira... but seriously, i still can't believe queen copied vanilla ice.

Check 3:10 of this:


with beginning of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment